At Matthew’s House, we recognize the challenges faced by parents whose children live with special needs and we’re here to help. We provide a safe and loving environment for your child so that you can get the rest you deserve.
Matthew’s House is a warm and inviting home, well-equipped to care for your child’s needs. Our experienced staff are trained in relevant medical and behavioural practices and are sensitive to the needs of each individual family. We also recognize that parents are the experts on their child’s care. During the application process, you’ll work together with staff to create a care plan and a behavioural plan for your child’s stay, ensuring quality of care that is specific to your child. You’ll also stay one night in our beautiful parent’s room, to help your child adjust to a new environment and to help our staff learn your routines and your unique knowledge.
Take a Tour
Matthew’s House provides a number of services giving families a complete care experience. Our services include:
- Advance planning and booking for respite care
- Emergency respite care assessed as needed
- Multi-sensory environment and state-of-the-art playground
- Opportunities for a parent to stay overnight for orientation
- Flexible and individualized care and behavioural plans for each child prepared in collaboration with the family
- Initial intake assessment performed by a Registered Nurse, always recognizing that the family is the expert on their child
Download* and complete the Matthew’s House Application for Service and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: 32788 Marshall Road Abbotsford, BC V2S 1J9
Questions? Call 604 853 2244
*Each unique web browser will treat PDFs differently. Please be sure to actually download the pdf before filling it out, then email the saved PDF as noted above.