Eligibility for care at Matthew’s House is determined on a number of criteria. Each child is unique, and we encourage you to contact us with questions about eligibility.
Matthew’s House supports children who:
- Are ages 4-18 with complex care needs including complex medical issues and developmental disabilities
- Have non-aggressive behaviours managed by a supportive plan or under the direction of a behaviour consultant.
- Are medically stable with a predictable response to care. Able to receive care from a well-trained, non-regulated care provider
- Are under the regular care of a family physician.
- Are not tracheostomy or ventilator/BIPAP dependent
- Are not insulin or oxygen dependent
- Are not acutely ill
- Do not require 24 hour nursing care
- Do not require symptom management and/or changes in treatment
- Do not exhibit behaviours that result in harm to others or destruction of property
At this time, Matthew’s House respite is fully booked and we are not processing any new applications for service.